Being Here. Beyond the Struggle of This Moment.
Running, hiding, isolating, numbing out. Feeling overwhelmed by chaos & confusion in this moment. You may be searching for ways to fill unknown, unseen emotional gaps – searching for ways to distract yourself and feel better.
You don’t have to know everything now.
You may be feeling that your life feels rocky or out of control, and that as an adult you are not supposed to feel uncertain, shaky or afraid. So you hide out. In plain sight. You tell others you are fine and you try to figure it out on your own. While you may find some temporary relief – what’s going on inside of you hasn’t changed.
Rather than being lost in reaction, you can respond, being with yourself and your body, when you need yourself most. In order not to be frozen in your fear response, it is important to put what is happening into a different perspective.
Can you notice without judgment your old patterns of mind as it shows up inside of you? Can you see how you react to yourself, to your spouse, to your family? Can you notice your patterned struggle about little things as well as big things?
When you respond rather than react, moments such as these matter – moments when you truly see that we’re all in this together, and instead of following the reactions in your mind, you unhook from them and respond instead.
Every moment of responding rather than reacting matters. Every moment you don’t get stuck in your fear-based response – from being very anxious to overwhelm or even a panic attack.
This is a practice – to let go of the old ways of being and be as fully here as you can be in this moment. A new awareness of this moment.
Together, we can practice living from the inclusion of the heart – rather than the struggle of the mind. The new perception knows that we can move away from old ways of reacting and into new ways of responding. The new way says pay attention; trust and work with what is rather than always trying to change it, and bring whatever you are experiencing into the inclusion of your heart.
At the core of my practice with individuals and couples is a practice of Embodiment – which is the coming together of body awareness, mindfulness and expression from a place of body-mind-heart connectivity. Practicing embodiment is the courageous act of becoming aware of and intentionally responding to ourselves and loved ones.
- Mindfulness is a quality of attention where we “witness” ourselves. Instead of being submerged in our experience, we take a few steps back to notice our experience with awareness of thoughts, memories, body sensations, and body movements.
- Body awareness is feeling the experience of sensation, muscle tension, breath quality, movement, gesture, use of space. Awareness disentangles the thoughts of what we think we should be feeling from the reality of what is being felt. Body awareness allows us to speak with authentic feeling in the moment to our loved ones – it allows others to feel our experience and understand ourselves better.
- Expression from a body-mind-heart connection – combining mindfulness with body awareness encourages integration inside of us. Expression and engagement with our loved ones from this place is where what you say verbally is reflected in what you express non-verbally.
If old, negative patterns keep showing up inside of you – and in your relationships, it may be time to learn about how to embody your life from the inside out. Working together, we can clear out old traumas in your nervous system to create loving, open, supportive and respectful feelings inside of you – affecting your work, health, family and relationships .
During our work together, you will:
- Deepen your experience of embodiment and anchor in the wisdom of your body
- Understand the body’s intelligence to support healing and growth
- Move towards a feeling of expanded emotional tolerance & flowing energy in your body
- Increase your tolerance for difficult bodily sensations and suppressed emotions
NEW Class Experience– Coming in 2018…
Moving Rest – Somatic Movement – Time and space for slowing down to receive supportive nourishment from the inside of your body outwards. Simple movements, breathing, body awareness and flowing energy. This class is for everyone – for those who are moving fast and want time for themselves – to slow down and create new awareness in their body and to regulate their nervous system.
Get in touch if you have questions about working with me – I’d love to hear from you.
[email protected] / www.s3p.d51.myftpupload.com