Wake Up in Love – Living in Love Instead of Fear
You may be feeling conflicted, fearful and anxious.
Let’s learn to practice happiness & peace instead.
Many of us are looking for happiness and fulfillment from something outside ourselves. We tell ourselves that people and situations will make us happy.
If only X happened, then I would be happy, we say.
What if nothing outside us can make us happy? What if everything in our lives happens because it’s an opportunity for us to learn.
Sometimes the lessons are painful, and we suffer.
We don’t have to. It’s a choice.
I’ve noticed that within love and relationships, many of us are looking for happiness in another person – we feel responsible for making our partner happy and we want them to make us happy. This relationship pattern can result in blame, conflict and emotional pain.
When we set our partner free of the job of making us happy, we set ourselves free to be who we truly are. The first step is to connect with the happiness that already exists inside you – to find your joy and live it in the world.
I’m grateful for a recent life changing experience in a lush, tropical climate. My partner and I spent our time in deep reflection – practicing and experiencing the true meaning of love and relationship.
We learned about love and we practiced happiness & peace.
Here’s what I was reminded of during this time:
1) Happiness is up to me – nothing outside of myself can make me happy. At least not in a lasting way. My partner is not responsible for my happiness. I am not responsible for his. So I can be happy by myself or in a relationship – I always have a choice to choose happiness & peace.
2) Practice daily gratitude – what are you grateful for? Voicing your gratitude is a key component to daily happiness – for yourself and within your relationship. Conflict and blame chip away at our loving feelings towards one another.
3) Connect with and know your purpose – why are you here? Why are you in a relationship with your partner? Why do you want to be in a relationship? What is your relationship for? Ask yourself these questions.
4) Practice deep connection with yourself – take time for inner reflection each day – and begin to really know yourself. Happiness = Silence + Awareness + Gratitude.
5) Embrace and engage only in the present – talk about the issues at hand with your partner, do not dredge up the past. Enjoy each your partner now, and drop your history – enjoy and embrace it.
6) If you are angry or upset, talk about it right away – don’t wait for tomorrow. Talk about what is troubling in the moment, not what happened in any arguments in the past, and your relationship will transform.
7) Share your thoughts about what is happening for each person within the relationship – do not keep your feelings to yourself and do not interrupt each other – make clear discussion your aim.
8) Tell your partner what you are afraid of – you can let go of your fear, once you realize it is actually fear that you are dealing with.
9) Remember what you are grateful for in the other person – say aloud what the other means to you, and listen to one another.
10) Decide on the gifts that each of you would like to give to the relationship – make them genuine gifts that you feel the other person would appreciate – offer your gifts to your partner.
Happiness and peace are available to all of us, right now, today. Many of us get stuck in conflict, fear, anxiety and depression, and are searching for a way out of these painful states.
I can help.
You can learn to choose happiness and peace for yourself every day.
It’s a practice.
Every day, check in with yourself and ask – how are you feeling? What does this feeling say about you? And what are you believing about yourself?
Allow me to support you as you learn a new way of being with yourself and in the world. As you notice and release beliefs about yourself that are no longer serving you, and begin to practice happiness.
Contact me and let’s talk about working together.
I’m looking forward to working with you.
[email protected] OR 647 222-3086